It was a very fine morning of june 2010 when the Shahab family were having their breakfast ,when all of a sudden maa-jaani announced "you three!from now on all you'll do is study and only study cos I've asked the cable wala too cut-off the connection"..some exchange of glances took place and I dont know how did I save of their time,according to them the dramas bieng aired now a days were glamorised with no content.Guess what?the experience wasn't that bad .Although I felt i have driven back to stone age but I kindof like the typical atmosphere of my home.No fighting at the remote,no silent-curses at the politicians,no day-night thundering of the loud voice in my room.Mamathe
instep page falling of my knees to the floor ;as expected ,hiroshima
nagasaki protested to their fullest at this nuclear bombardment,but no
use was there as expected because mama had always been the dictator of
our house.So we surrendered (whats that proverb in
urdu?oh..yes "sir-tasleem-e-kham-karna" fitted exactly to the
situation).
And time passed by,we poor poor souls found other means of entertainment but T.V tou T.V hai na ,couldnt resist the addiction and were finally brought down to the "grand" 8:pm drama.Mama-papa always used to praise the dramas
called it a 'fitna' and I reckoned she was not that wrong...
BUT.....I.am.getting.extremly.dramaholic.these.days.At the death anniversary of Moin akhtar they played this play called rozee and got me kindof sad thinking of the fact what a jem have we lost.
I giggled and laughed and guffawed and screamed and according to my bro I was drunk ,you have to watch it only if you understand pure urdu and are able to cope with amazing humour.And then I saw dhoop kinaray.
OH LORD!It made me laugh as well as cry.Marina khan is a full of life yet extremely careless girl who is forced to study medical on the wish of her grandfather and only in case of acting on her grany's will will be given his farm house ,but poor girl cant help the nausea after having a site of blood (hmm the critical story dipicted my life and the way im bieng forced for engineering) .So marina falls in love with his head doc and blah blah blah
Comeon!don't tel me you dont know Alpha bravo charlie.I consider it a duty for every single Pakistani out there to watch it (a little bit aroused patriotism is not bad for health at all).
So this was a list of my hot favourite daramas and I dont curse the cable wala that much for implementing maa-jaani's order since then.
And time passed by,we poor poor souls found other means of entertainment but T.V tou T.V hai na ,couldnt resist the addiction and were finally brought down to the "grand" 8:pm drama.Mama-papa always used to praise the dramas
called it a 'fitna' and I reckoned she was not that wrong...
BUT.....I.am.getting.extremly.dramaholic.these.days.At the death anniversary of Moin akhtar they played this play called rozee and got me kindof sad thinking of the fact what a jem have we lost.
![]() |
| So hilarious,yet elegant. |
![]() |
| shes was sooo cute back then |
Comeon!don't tel me you dont know Alpha bravo charlie.I consider it a duty for every single Pakistani out there to watch it (a little bit aroused patriotism is not bad for health at all).
So this was a list of my hot favourite daramas and I dont curse the cable wala that much for implementing maa-jaani's order since then.


Aww I love Dhoop Kinaray and Marina Khan :p
ReplyDeleteI'm a dramaholic tooooooo. Beautiful post. And guess what? I love Nazia Hassan tooooo. Omigosh, we're sisters <3
sweet post,
ReplyDeletegosh i love this drama alpha bravo charlie, i love the nanajaan character in it...
thanx for sneaking at my blog, it gave me achance to visit ur sweet blog.
How can you live without cable? :o
ReplyDelete@daaneiia yayy!maybe we were lost at some fare or something like that:p and thanks for the appreciation
ReplyDelete@ateeq:my pleasure.say in sunc..and i guess that nanajan character which you are talking about is from another drama i guess..
@ovais thats how it is :P
ABC & Dhoop kinaray and ainak wala jin. WHAT DAYS
ReplyDeleteP.S: Your 'i bite people' entertained me :P I'm glad we have something in common ;)
what days...seriously..
ReplyDeleteyou bite people too?yayyyy!:P
In my view media contributes to the most of the problems we currently have. A nation with literacy rate of 20% would believe everything they watch in news and talk shows thus every institute has lost its credibility.
ReplyDeleteMorning shows, dramas, late night shows on entertainment channels show expensive set with people wearing dresses and jewellery a common man can only dream of. This causing a rise in crime rate and now we see gunned people looting women on busy streets.
Check this phone call in Shaista Wahidi show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Fp9K_i_YU
I...Don't...NEver....Watch....T.V.... I mean I use to but I haven't watched it much since the last like 5 years :O. And I don't know about any Drama and stuff. I just turn on the T.V and whichever Drama is going on. If I like it I'll try to note the name of it but never succeeded :(.
ReplyDelete