Remember this .Remember the sarcasm,the wit,the-moment-you-realised:'shit!have we been politically fooled?',or remember that time your mom throwing away those 'looks' at you considering the fact that you laughed,giggled,guffawed to yourself..No shit!never happened to you.hmm,means you didn't experience this
Annnnnnnnnnnd the chain smoker is back again!
No its no General,intelligence,political shit this time ,it all about this Pakistani catholic middle class girl who is daughter of a gutter clog-buster (yes,jamaadar:p),her life,her love,the way she is being looked in our 'educated' society ,her thinking.It is a fiction yet again.Oh and here is the extract which made me crave for it :
Less than three minutes infront of the interview panel and Alice Bhatti knows in her heart that she is not likely to get the job.All the preparations-her starched white uniform ,the new file,breathing exercises,even the banana she ate on the bus stop to stop her stomach from rumbling-all seemed like wasted investment ,halal money down the haram drain as her father joseph bhatti had put it "these Muslas will make you clean their shit and then complain that you stink'-he had said.
The first thing I perceived of Alice (after reading the tittle) was some gori-chitti ma'am but after reading the whole story line ,I think its more of a struggler in our society.A society where people are not judged by their abilities but their back ground ,their sense of dressing (the more made-over the better).Anyways ,I just cant wait for it,already walked-in to many bookshops searching for it but..no use.
Annnnnnnnnnnd the chain smoker is back again!
No its no General,intelligence,political shit this time ,it all about this Pakistani catholic middle class girl who is daughter of a gutter clog-buster (yes,jamaadar:p),her life,her love,the way she is being looked in our 'educated' society ,her thinking.It is a fiction yet again.Oh and here is the extract which made me crave for it :
Less than three minutes infront of the interview panel and Alice Bhatti knows in her heart that she is not likely to get the job.All the preparations-her starched white uniform ,the new file,breathing exercises,even the banana she ate on the bus stop to stop her stomach from rumbling-all seemed like wasted investment ,halal money down the haram drain as her father joseph bhatti had put it "these Muslas will make you clean their shit and then complain that you stink'-he had said.
The first thing I perceived of Alice (after reading the tittle) was some gori-chitti ma'am but after reading the whole story line ,I think its more of a struggler in our society.A society where people are not judged by their abilities but their back ground ,their sense of dressing (the more made-over the better).Anyways ,I just cant wait for it,already walked-in to many bookshops searching for it but..no use.

hmmm...sounds interesting...hope i can get a copy :)
ReplyDeleteinterrrrrreeessssstttttiiiinnnnggggggg.... :D
ReplyDeleteWHAT!? WHEN DID THIS BOOK COME OUT?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the post. Now I must go get my hands on this one.
GOT. TO. BUY.
ReplyDeleteEVERYONE GO RUN FOR IT !!:D
ReplyDeleteu have been awarded at my blog, :D, get it:
ReplyDeletewww.amdoingwell.blogspot.com
sounds interesting gonna grab my copy asap.
ReplyDeleteSounds very interesting.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it.
The Alice Book seems interesting! I think i am gonna read it online. Really soon! :D
ReplyDeleteHmm seems interesting :)thanks for the post :)
ReplyDeleteI read the first one and yes all that you mentioned was so true about it. Now I want the next one too. Can't wait to read it!
ReplyDelete