As I got up in the morning today ,was greeted by my friend living next door.While talking to her,she randomly asked me to join the for the jummah prayer ....
For some reasons I couldn't give her any answer,maybe because I am a Shi'ite and typically thought of people discussing my different way of saying prayers.My reluctance was creating an air of suspicion between us..suspicion in our friendship which I didn't want so I said yes.
Having said the prayers I came to the conclusion that this fear in my mind of being ridiculed was not of my own,it had been forced in my mind by those creatures.Creatures who despite reciting the Quranic verses in one-quarter of a second fail to understand and comprehend the meaning of the content i.e Quran .
I do not intend to be judgemental here but my point is that why do we let them poison our mind ; they might have knowledge but we ought to think ourselves about what they say and then accept their sermons.
Why can't your mosques be my mosques and why can't my processions be your processions .And why do we represent each others as individuals of different sects,why not a single religion.A BIG QUESTION MARK.The only difference is of opinions right?
Then why don't we stand under one umbrella:the umbrella of Prophet Muahammad (S.A.W) who was sent as rehmat-ul-allamin (mercy to the universe) Mind you not the world ,not the galaxy -The entire universe .Then why can't we use him as a shade.Shade from the blistering heat of division,mistrust and what not!
They say umeed pe dunya qaim hai .Nothing can we do except expecting.Expecting that one day the people will get out of the misconception that Shiites and Sunni are not from two different religions (as they pretend to be).So what if they differ in opinion ,these two rivers fall in the same ocean of Islam i.e peace.Peace.
(this post is dedicated to my mother ,who thinks I am still her immature kid and from this birthday (i.e tomorrow [yayyyyyy!]) I should learn to think maturely.Mature much .nayyy?)
For some reasons I couldn't give her any answer,maybe because I am a Shi'ite and typically thought of people discussing my different way of saying prayers.My reluctance was creating an air of suspicion between us..suspicion in our friendship which I didn't want so I said yes.
Having said the prayers I came to the conclusion that this fear in my mind of being ridiculed was not of my own,it had been forced in my mind by those creatures.Creatures who despite reciting the Quranic verses in one-quarter of a second fail to understand and comprehend the meaning of the content i.e Quran .
I do not intend to be judgemental here but my point is that why do we let them poison our mind ; they might have knowledge but we ought to think ourselves about what they say and then accept their sermons.
Why can't your mosques be my mosques and why can't my processions be your processions .And why do we represent each others as individuals of different sects,why not a single religion.A BIG QUESTION MARK.The only difference is of opinions right?
Then why don't we stand under one umbrella:the umbrella of Prophet Muahammad (S.A.W) who was sent as rehmat-ul-allamin (mercy to the universe) Mind you not the world ,not the galaxy -The entire universe .Then why can't we use him as a shade.Shade from the blistering heat of division,mistrust and what not!
They say umeed pe dunya qaim hai .Nothing can we do except expecting.Expecting that one day the people will get out of the misconception that Shiites and Sunni are not from two different religions (as they pretend to be).So what if they differ in opinion ,these two rivers fall in the same ocean of Islam i.e peace.Peace.
(this post is dedicated to my mother ,who thinks I am still her immature kid and from this birthday (i.e tomorrow [yayyyyyy!]) I should learn to think maturely.Mature much .nayyy?)


ur thoughts are quite mature actually... but u should know that it is not so possible to come under one umbrella as Prophet(P.B.U.H.) has already announced that at the day of judgement there will be 72 sects among Muslims... and as far as praying is concerned it hardly matters how you offer namaz i mean many shia ladies do offer namaz with folded hands... and I am also Usooli Asna Ashari, with strong inclinations towards Nusehri, Shia Muslim, but sometimes i do offer namaz in a sunni masjid with folded hands... and all the more at the end of the i feel really content... and u know what in shia mosques the aazan is said only thrice a day not five times a day...which makes it look really lame and completly forgetting and misinterpreting the religion that was given to us... do u see a point in offering zohar and asar namaz together??? how can we forget the asar ke azan in karbala... why didn't Imam Hussain offered both the namaz together?
ReplyDeletesorry for getting so very descriptive...but u have touched a sensitive issue.
woah!such a long comment.I wrote this post to lessen the differences,not to expand them :P
ReplyDeleteNushehris are not Muslims-to be precise..and as far as your question regarding offering namaz thrice a day not twice,its not a compulsion.As said before we do have DIFFERENCES in opinions ,but that doesn't mean we keep on fighting to prove our opinion right.That is why I said that all these 72 sects at least reckon Holy Prophet and we should be united under his umbrella..
The answer to your question regarding prayers is that it is not a compulsion to say them together,they can be said individually too and Quran describes 3 times when namaz is to be said... one maghrib .second asar and third fajar..so yeahh..
keep commenting as it encourages mee..:)
MAHAM!!!!!!!!!! U REALLY TOUCHED THE MOST SENSITIVE TOPIC BUT THE WAY U HANDLED IT...
ReplyDeleteHATS OFF GIRL.
loved the post and ur thinking toooo.
i won't get into controversies but the general opinion is u rock
A Splendid Post.
ReplyDeleteYou just posted about the issue of my life. I have a Shiite Irani mother and a Sunni Indian Dad.
And in 17 years of my life, I have sought the truth, in vain.
Why can't we all be plain Muslims. Why did it had to be so hard. Suni, Shia, Bralvi, Deobandi and God knows what else. =(
ATEEQ!!!!!!!!you made my day boy...:D you rock more !!
ReplyDeleteHamza, seriously.sorry to say but compete more for our sect but less for our religion.we have to get united and hopefully one day we will!
I couldn't agree more with you. These pointless division into sects lead us nowhere. And you put it into words in the absolute right way.
ReplyDeleteThanks for following me. It gave me a chance to follow back on your remark-worthy blogspace.
PS: the pic on the right side. Is she your Mom? She's so beautiful! And are you really Kashmiri?! Aaaaah, you Kashmiri women are so stunningly gorgeous!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting. Great post.I once went and offered Friday prayers in Faisal Mosque here in Islamabad.I cant even begin to tell you the looks and whispers I heard all around me cuz Im a shiite.During hajj I witnessed all sects of Muslims praying in several different ways some had hands folded,some didn't I also saw some with hands folded to their sides but,everyone was doing sajda the same way and I think the rooh of namaz is sajda when we bow down to the almighty. It was just beautiful.There is no specific way of offering namaz in Quran. So we follow the way of the Prophet (PBUH) and his household (our imams). Great piece of writing.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Arnt nausehris non muslims and claim Hazrat Ali is God???
I was reading a novel by Bano Qudisa where she wrote: " he couldn't understand that though he had left hindus behind who has brought the these discriminations here? four castes are also present in muslims then what is the point in leaving the motherland?"
ReplyDeleteThese castes are what's common in hindus and us!
nice thoughts... if we start to search for differences then we can find these even in our own homes, even in our own fingers :) instead we should search for those points which unite us... we believe in one God, we believe Muhammad (s.a.w) to be the last prophet...we believe in the day of judgement... so why should we fight on everyday issues? but alas... :(
ReplyDeleteEzazi.no shes not my mom :D..YOU DONT KNOW NAZIA HASSAN..you blasphemous women...well shes a singer ..oh and ill definitly take that comment regarding khashmiris bieng stunningly gorgeous.iloveyou..xx
ReplyDeletePandora box,yes its just soooo beautiful and I agree with your opinion about sajda,it really is the sum of namaz when you are surrendering above Allah .and we all do it together.nice to know you totally care-less about what others think :)..
ReplyDeleteIfra Khaliq,yes Hindu culture had to intervene cos they have been living for a long period together.and good to know you read bano qudsia :)
Muhammad Israr,EXACTLY!!that is exactly my point..and yes difference is what we find everywhere in everything even in the taste of chicken karahi,it is differently cooked in karachi but the same karahi is bieng cooked differently in lahore..so yes...difference exists.
Aww. You had a birthday? Well, happy birthday, girl! :)
ReplyDeleteFirst time I visited your blog and I totally understand the things you've written about. We have friend belonging to not only different sects but different religions too yet everybody gets equal treatment. Still, I wish the society as a whole changed their mentality.
In the end, we're all just one.
Nicely said. Discrimination and distrust poisons. It is still best to always live with an open heart.
ReplyDeleteFickle Cattle
http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/
beautiful pic
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete